The RRF AMR system is a low cost, easy to install ‘Virtual Hour Meter’, the RRF wireless hour meter can be connected to the equipment’s existing hour meter circuit, as well as any other function that you wish to monitor. Once installed, the RRF AMR meter broadcasts the hours/minutes usage information. These readings can then be collected by any local PC. Completely eliminating human error issues often associated with manual retrieval of meter readings.
- How many man hours are spent tracking down your company's equipment?
- How much travel time is spent gathering the hour meter readings?
- How many man hours are spent entering the hour meter data into your CMMS?
- How accurate is the meter information that has been gathered and then entered?
- How often are you spending money to manually retrieve and update this information?
- Depending on the amount of time required to gather this data, is the data now still current/relevant?
- RRF Systems can perform these tasks for you automatically daily, with an almost immediate ROI.
- Call sales for a free version of the meter reading software, for your evaluation.
After the initial purchase of an expensive piece of equipment the next highest cost is the servicing of the machine over its lifetime. Typically, this is done by one of two methods. The first is a regularly scheduled maintenance program, based on the calendar. The problem with this is that it performs a ‘better safe than sorry’ maintenance, whether the equipment needs it or not. This results in excessive costs of under maintenance, causing excessive wear and tear on your equipment, or expensive parts and labour costs with over maintenance.
The second is potentially more accurate as it is based on servicing based on the hours a machine is run. That’s okay if it’s a smaller operation and only have a couple of pieces of equipment. In larger operations with dozens or hundreds of pieces of equipment —all of them needing maintenance, manually reading the hour meters of each piece of equipment can be a daunting and time consuming task. Aside from the cost of having someone physically locate and read the hour meters, inaccuracies can and do occur as the reporting of the hour meter information is left to the machine operators or the maintenance personnel.
The RRF AMR system changes all that. Each low cost, easy to install ‘Black Box’, the RRF wireless meter has a unique ID and can be connected to the equipment’s existing hour meter circuit. Once installed, the RRF wireless meter broadcasts the hour meter reading. These readings can then be collected in one of two ways.
The first way involves the signal from the equipment being picked up as it passes within range of a fixed Interrogator usually placed in proximity to areas the equipment works in frequently. In larger facilities and on large jobsites, Wireless repeaters can be used to ensure the signal is captured.
The second way involved the interrogator being mobile. A laptop equipped with the RRF software is driven around the property where equipment is located, picking up the readings from the RRF wireless meter as it passes within range.
You can even install multiple hour meters per machine. One for the actual running time and one for actual working time, as well as any number of other functions you wish to monitor.
RRF products are conceptualized, engineered and manufactured in Canada and include wireless access systems, wireless speed control systems and wireless perimeter (proximity) warning safety systems.
Call for Pricing on a complete system including all items required for monitoring assets.
- A comprehensive software package is included with the purchase of an RRF hour meter system, which includes:
- Four RRF Wireless hour meters.
- One RRF Interrogator unit.
- One RRF Software package.
- Complete systems including all required hardware, Base Station, Four 12 VDC Virtual Meters, Customer choice of Software package including all required cables, power supplies needed for a complete turn key system, Just add new Meters as required.
There are never any recurring charges for software. All RRF eng products include a full two year warranty.
- Meters also available in multiple configurations,
- 3 VDC
- 12 VDC,
- 12-24 VDC,
- 12-60 VDC.
- Software automatically reads the Hour Meters in range of the Base Station. The Software creates complete detailed reports that are then saved to your CMMS management software as well as being forwarded to multiple email addresses in your choice of file format.
- Meter communication range to Base station, for read and program functions 400' line of sight.
- Base Station to any PC using a CAT5 cable, 300', optional repeaters available or utilizing existing LAN.
- Laptop portability, for vast area locations, drive past equipment for automatic hour meter data retrieval, from a company vehicle.
- Have all your assets usage data sent directly to the maintenance department, for easy management.
- Manage all company assets from unlimited worldwide locations in real time, directly to your CMMS software.
- Eliminate over and under maintenance associated. with calendar based servicing.
- Improves maintenance scheduling and technician travel efficiency for assets managed at other locations..
- Monitor employee performance, Real time monitoring, Auto reads meters on all machines to determine your individual employee performances.
Can be used on any piece of equipment requiring maintenance, from mobile to static equipment monitoring.
- Eliminate over and under maintenance associated with archaic calendar date based servicing.
- Allows accurate remote management of real-time equipment utilization data.
- Improves maintenance scheduling and technician travel efficiency.
- Improves accuracy of usage data by eliminating costly human error.
- Assists in fleet rotation management.
- Provides immediate notification to appropriate personnel and departments when machines require service.
- Saves money by basing rental and/or lease charges on actual usage rather than calendar day.
- Maintain large equipment fleets from all of your company locations from head office, eliminating high labour costs.
- Forklifts/material handling equipment, Can all be monitored at remote locations with ease eliminating travel expenses.
- Information is sent directly to appropriate department and maintenance personnel automatically Daily.
- Fleet vehicles, Once vehicles return to the company property all usage information is automatically retrieved and forwarded.
- Oil drilling site equipment, Monitor all of your assets in real time from the safety and comfort of your office without leaving your desk.
- Mining equipment, All types of machines large or small can me effectively monitored and maintained without employee intervention.
- Any static machines and equipment can be monitored either AC or DC driven systems.
- Electric motors and machines in industrial manufacturing plant facility's.
- 400' range to wirelessly program and read function without use of optional RF repeater.